10 Tips to Attract & Retain Employees
We have watched the stories in the news and have heard about it online…times have certainly changed for HR professionals and employers seeking candidates to fill their open positions. Today’s pool of candidates are more and more finicky about where they work. A job, for them, has taken on a deeper meaning and it is no longer only about the salary – the job responsibilities or description – or the vacation time. Ohhh no, it runs much deeper. Candidates are pushing employers to do and provide more for them – they are getting into the driver’s seat and hunting down those employers that go-the-extra-MILE!
LinkedIn recently listed the top 40 most ‘sought-after’ employers in the US, based on some top ‘attractors’ determined through data found within their vast membership. Although we found many of the items listed not possible for all businesses – small and large – we did take away some amazing insight into today’s work force, as well as some engaging ideas.
We assembled our thoughts on possible ideas you can implement into your operation, that could not only attract some attention to those candidates you may not be speaking to, but increase your current employee retention.
A.N.D. Staffing’s TOP 10 List to Attract & Retain Employees
- Freedom: Take PTO to pursue interests or passions
- Education Benefits: Reimbursement / classes / continuing education / coaching
- Work-life Balance: freedoms to leave to manage daily life, funerals or appointments, as well as maternity and paternity leave options
- PTO: Includes vacation days, sick days, personal days, holidays and volunteer opportunities (hours or days)
- Unique Services: Dogs allowed, childcare options and dry-cleaning reimbursement
- Wellness Initiatives: Gym memberships, wellness programs or reimbursements
- Meals, Snacks & Beverages: Free, reimbursed or minimally provided
- Military Veterans: Make an initiative to hire the qualified candidates
- Social Activities: Intramural sports, office games or competitions (fooseball for ex.) groups, such as rock climbing, runner or book clubs, and Friday cocktail hours
- Female Presence: Showing equality in the number of female employees, as well as the high positions they hold
Read the full story here about the 40 most attractive employers in America.