pay up to 55k
The Associate HR Generalist provides overall human resource and benefit administrative support to both "Company" units. The primary role will serve as main point of contact for employees on routine/day-to-day employee questions. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, benefit administration, payroll, staffing, implementation and maintenance of the Paycom HRMS system, Paycom, and general administration of human resource policies and practices.
Human Resources Management System - PAYCOM: Fully utilize PAYCOM to the company's advantage. More specifically, manage the development, implementation and maintenance of PAYCOM, particularly in payroll, time management, talent acquisition, talent management, government compliance and Human Resources information. 30%
Talent Acquisition: Help support the recruitment process for exempt and nonexempt employees and interns using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce. Conducts recruitment planning meetings when needed staff is identified. Reviews resumes for all candidates and conducts interviews for both nonexempt and exempt positions as assigned. Conducts the onboarding process with hired candidates. 15%
Benefits Administration: Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with claim issues. Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits training. 20%
Employee Relations: Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the company with regards to employee relations. Provides day-to-day assistance to answer general employee relation questions. Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws. Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Participates and conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth. Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues. 30%
Compensation: Processes weekly and bi-weekly payrolls. Provides competitive market research and prepares pay studies to help establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff. Participates in one salary survey per year. 5%
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- Two to three years of Human Resources Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred, not required.
General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in HRMS database management and record keeping. PAYCOM experience is a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Strong managerial courage and conflict management required.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.