Automation Controls Engineer
pay starting at 95k+
Responsible for developing and debugging software for custom assembly and inspection machinery, consistent with standards and specifications using templates and original code for industrial PLCs, HMIs and other related devices. The work requires collaboration with mechanical engineers, machine builders, machine technicians and end users. Travel may be required, but is generally limited to less than ten percent.
The minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, software engineering, computer engineering, or similar discipline from an accredited four-year college or university.
The ideal candidate has experience of at least three to five years in some of the following areas:
- Program and debug PLCs and HMIs for automation equipment such as packaging machines
- Experience with one or more of the following software packages; Rockwell Automation Studio 5000, Siemens TIA Portal, Omron Sysmac Studio, other similar products considered
- Program and debug robotics for Fanuc, Omron Adept, ABB, other similar products considered
- Develop machine vision applications for Cognex Insight or Keyence XG, other similar products considered
- Program and debug servo motion (single axis, multi-axis coordinated, camming, gearing, etc.).
- Problem solving of process problems, high speed timing issues, and use of root cause analysis.
- Read controls and pneumatics schematics.
PLEASE CALL FOR FURTHER INFORMATION