pay up to 80k
Objectives of Position:
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager is responsible for identifying occupational hazards and health and environmental risks. This person will oversee the implementation of preventive or corrective measures, equipment, training and education necessary to ensure that "Company" products meet and/or exceed the requirements of federal, state and local regulations, codes and/or laws and company policies and procedures (e.g. ISO14001 standards). This position will drive the safety culture throughout the organization, leading by example and setting the tone that environmental and health safety is a core value.
- Develops, publishes and raises general level of awareness of safety and environmental programs consistent with regulations and company policy – 30%
- Performs job hazard analysis to identify loss potential of our systems and processes – 20%
- Communicates and develops environmental, health and safety strategies among the management team and across the business. – 20%
- Develops and oversees training of employees/contract associates, managers/supervisors and other employees in the areas of general safety and environmental awareness, specific program requirements and specific job requirements. – 10%
- Responsible for compliance of documentation and review of work procedures and machine guarding to ensure compliance with OSHA and ISO14001 standards. – 10%
- Manages PPE, Safety and Environmental programs. – 10%
- Ensure a safe and environmentally responsible plant according to the applying regulations
- Investigates near misses and incidents, assessing root cause and working cross - functionally to resolve.
- Reviews and interprets loss and data to discover causative agents and recommends appropriate corrective actions.
- Reviews and revises company standards, policies and practices as necessary to ensure they are current and in concert with company and / or regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates technical developments to measure applicability to company processes.
- Ensures that employees are properly trained/retrained in in the appropriate intervals and coordinates necessary training. Responsible for documenting training.
- Maintains required records, prepares reports and files as necessary to meet corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews near miss reports, files incidents with worker’s compensation carrier, completes Illinois form 45, and works to close cases and return employees to work.
- Conducts hazard and job safety analysis to ensure proper use of machinery and equipment, personal protective equipment, and procedures.
- Organizes and coordinates emergency response, evacuation and crisis management plans.
- Investigates accidents to ascertain causes in order to develop preventive safety measures and programs.
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) or equivalent technical background; related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Radiation Safety Officer
- Environmental Management System expert
- Responsible for retention of ISO14001 certification and serves as lead POC for safety and environmental auditing
- Maintains location safety and health record system, assists in coordinating outside services associated with safety, health and property conservation programs.
- Completes OSHA documents annually and is primary contact for agency.
- Creates and delivers new hire orientation for safety.
- Conducts facility and department audits.
- Prepares reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action.