pay up to $75k
Develops, applies and maintains quality requirements and standards for the development and manufacture of fasteners in support of company goals and objectives. ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001 and VDA standards as well as customer specific requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary resource within the plant for all issues pertaining to the quality of the product from incoming inspection of raw material to final inspection of finished parts.
- Maintain all quality records and documentation in support of the plant in accordance with the company's quality manual and specific customer requirements.
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Ensure proper inspections have been performed to ensure product quality. This will include the inspection of incoming material as well as in process and final inspection of completed product.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, and test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Assist in process certification.
- Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Review customer purchase orders and specifications, change requests and contracts and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in the quality and process plans.
- Review suppliers' purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements if required.
- Conduct internal quality environmental audits in accordance with ISO/TS 16949 requirements and ISO 14001.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representative concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Maintain calibration records for all test equipment within the departments if required.
- Be available on short notice for customer or supplier visit.
- Follow ISO/TS, safety, and environmental procedures as well as department and corporate policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of ISO9001/TS16949, ISO14001 requirements including implementation and standard operation procedures.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection control methods, techniques and documentation.
- Understand the processes and flow in an efficient and productive manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good command of the English language both oral and written.
- Strong team player skills.
- Strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment working with complex metal parts or equivalent.
Tools and Equipment
- Micrometers, comparators, and calipers and all other require tools.
- Hardness testers and various hand tools.
- Computer and other general office equipment.
- Steel toed shoes, safety glasses and ear plugs where required.