Sr. Mechanical Engineer
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for creating the most effective machine designs based on job specifications, concept sketches, verbal instructions, design standards, and knowledge of the customer’s needs based on functionality, reliability, durability, convenience, safety, maintainability, flexibility, aesthetics and cost.
Desired Skills and Experience
The minimum requirement for the Mechanical Design Engineer is a Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or design engineering from a four year college/university OR an Associate’s Degree in a technical field from a two-year school with two years of mechanical design experience.
The ideal candidate also has the following:
- 3-5 years design experience with packaging or automation equipment.
- Ability to follow and execute instructions.
- Ability to productively use 3D design software.
- Demonstrate a strong mechanical aptitude with an understanding of basic physics.
- Mechanical skills, including an understanding of gears, bearings, loads, friction, vibration and how those concepts apply to machine design.
- Hands on machine building or mechanical assembly experience.
- Basic knowledge of machine tools.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong desire for ongoing training and growth in a team-oriented environment.
- Willingness to work in other departments as needed.
- Potential to lead teams.
About this company
Company designs and builds assembly machinery for the following markets:
* Medical Device
* Consumer Goods
* Household Products
* General Plastic Injection Molding