pay starts in the low $22/hr
The R&D Assembly Technician position performs product development work on medical devices in the Development department in support of the Development department objectives to provide goods and services that meet customer’s requirements for quality, quantity, and timeliness. The primary role of the R&D Assembly Technician is to work directly with project engineers to build pilot production quantities of new products following written and demonstrated procedures and to conduct testing of products and components. A large variety of techniques, tools, instructions and equipment will be used to create products and components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible to follow "Client" Quality system, including all applicable SOP's included in the Training Matrix.
• Produce small assembled parts according to procedures (both verbal and written).
• Work with little to no supervision and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidential information, in accordance with Company policy.
• Adherence to safety requirements.
• Run equipment such as adhesive dispenser, vertical shrinker, braider, tipping machines, drilling, punching, and measuring devices to assemble catheters and parts.
• Maintain written record of materials used, procedures followed, and inspection features on supplied data forms (LHR, etc.).
• Advise others of the need for repairs and upgrading of manufacturing equipment.
• Maintain good working relationships with other co-workers.
• Keep track of materials, tools, and procedures as the device is manufactured. Affirm in-coming materials meet purchase order specifications.
• Support engineer project leader with modifications in written procedures and suggested improvements in making product or sub-assemblies.
• Perform testing of devices or components in accordance with written protocols and test procedures.
• Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Associate or higher degree in related science field or equivalent experience.
• 0-3 years of experience (medical device experience preferred).
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Technical skills must include experience with plastic part assembly, adhesive bonding, materials knowledge, and prototyping.
• Able to read/interpret engineering drawings and procedures.
• Able to understand measurement units, take and comprehend measurements
• Ability to work with small parts, dexterity with hands