pay - up to 85k - to Open
for this position, Quality Engineer, aerospace is an absolute MUST HAVE
- Understand the inspection equipment accuracy and repeatability required for use during product verification.
- Has the ability to interpret customer drawings, parts lists and BOM’s, including GD&T expertise.
- Good Reporting Skills, including support of the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Has the ability to communicate with customer representatives (quality and engineering) to address concerns and assist with solving job-related problems, as applicable to quality.
- Can organize and prioritize job related duties.
- Has the ability to mentor quality technicians and shop personnel by sharing job related information provided by the customer.
Duties & Expectations:
- Create balloon drawings utilizing company provided (DISCUS) software.
- Create First Article Inspection Reports for all required parts using an AS9102 format and provide them to customers for review and approval.
- Create Designated Inspection Points for final inspections and in-process plans for operator inspections at the machine.
- Compile shipment documentation, approve jobs for closure (for shipment or move to stock) and issue company Certificate of Compliance for all jobs designated to be delivered.
- Create and submit Production Part Approval Process plans for all required parts.
- Support final inspection requirements such as Visual/Dimensional review of product.
- Coordinate and manage customer source inspections with customer source inspectors, customer service representatives and project engineers.
- Use customer required documentation formats, including customer internet portals.
- Report on out of tolerance conditions, assist with the investigation and corrective action activities and complete a Root Cause & Corrective Action (RCCA) report.
- Issue and manage suppliers required corrective actions.
- Prepare, submit and manage requests for deviation to customer where required.
- Assist with gage R&R activities and capability studies, as required.
- Control non-conforming material activities, including documentation and disposal (scrap)/Rework activities.
- Initiate containment by issuing stock pull tickets for suspect product, issue Quality Alerts and communicate with Manufacturing concerning customer rejects and concerns.
- Coordinate Return Material Authorization (RMA) process.
- Issue inspection work instructions to manufacturing and/or inspection as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the QE Manager.
- Maintain a positive attitude and punctuality.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
• Willing to work in a team environment and interact with departmental and supplier personnel as required.
• Identify, when applicable, continuous improvement of processes and understand the contribution to the effectiveness of the Quality Management System (QMS).
• Remain aware of quality policies, procedures, objectives, contribution to conformance of product, safety and ethics