pay - up to 100k
Must have metal fabrication / welding product knowledge and act as a liaison between "Company" Global Quality, Engineering and Supplier quality activities and the supplier. Must have CMM / Metrology experience.
Must be able to obtain ITAR/EAR approval
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer certification preferred. Must have a minimum 5 years experience working with AIAG tools / standards. Basic computer skills using Outlook e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Works onsite at the "Company" supplier to participate in the design of capable quality controls / manufacturing processes.
- Monitors the implementation of and maintenance of quality assurance protocols and methods for processing metal / welded materials finished products.
- Responsible in supporting the supplier in planning, implementing and managing compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality and regulatory standards requirements.
- Works with the supplier to define appropriate methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products.
- Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary.
- Perform daily plant floor surveillance and work with supplier to resolve any issues that may occur.
- Identify quality concerns that may impact delivery and quality requirements.
- Create and Maintain weekly performance charts (measurable).
- Aid supplier in development of PPAP. (i.e. Oversight of GR&Rs, capability studies etc.) Pre-review all PPAP and quality documentation prior to submission.
- Knowledge of AIAG and other standard quality Tools (FMEA, Control Plans, Pareto Charts, Fishbone Diagrams, Six Sigma 5S, 8D Methodology).
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerating (GD&T) IATF16949 Quality Auditing. Lead problem-solving activities.
- Support and lead process improvement activities. Knowledge of AQP.